the hat

Friday, May 9, 2014

I feel like these photos accidentally ended up with a melancholy air, perhaps because they're the first ones I shot after getting back from Puerto Rico. I promise that I'm not actually sad though, lol, it just looks that way >.<.

Usually I try to take photos out of direct sunlight but the courtyards around my house were not having that. The clouds moved every other frame and getting 3 shots with a consistent color/light effect was a pleasant surprise - especially since they don't look blown out or too bright. Go figure!

You might remember this dress from when I tried it on in-store. It was a bit too rich for my budget then but with some patience, sales discounts, and finally succumbing to the allure of a store card, it became mine. I love how pretty the floral it is and how throwing it on makes a statement in and of itself, even without all the accessories.



Dress: Banana Republic (from this post) ~ Hat & Earrings: Lou Lou Boutiques ~ Bag: Wal-Mart ~ Shoes: Nine West (thrifted) ~ Sunglasses: Kate Spade

Kristen said...

Beautiful DANA!! I love seeing you make these colors and fashions pop! Keep doing your thing girl, maybe you can come to Chicago and give me some fashion consulting?? And yes, I absolutely love that hat!

Natalia Lialina said...

Good to see you back, Dana!

You are so naturally elegant, and this is another very you kind of outfit - with beautiful color mix, and very lady-like shapes. Great hat, of course, and really suits you!

Loved photos of you on your vacation - you look lovely and well rested!

Latest Instagrams

© Good Red Herring. Design by FCD.