conundrums

Friday, June 28, 2013

I happened to be at Potomac Mills during J.Crew Factory's last 50% off sale and I couldn't resist walking away with a few pieces. One of them happened to be this skirt, which in spite of my usual fit problems with the No. 2 pencil skirt, sits pretty well on my frame.

The conundrum I'm talking about in the title though has to do with the little behind the scenes things that make an outfit look right. I prefer to wear spanx-like undergarments with skirts & dresses but my penchant for the high-waisted variety was annoying with this shirt.  It's loose enough to come untucked from the skirt but I couldn't tuck it into anything else  (like my underwear) to keep it stable. I'm sure if anyone could have seen the elaborate (and very unladylike) ways I had to keep readjusting between photos they would have had a big laugh.

Top: H&M ~ Skirt: J.Crew Factory ~ Necklace: Lou Lou Boutiques ~ Shoes: Me Too (via Marshall's)


P.S. - these sandals are incredibly similar to the Sam Edleman Trina (they have the gold block heel and everything) but sadly they are NOT the comfy walking sandal I wanted them to be. Blisters man, so many blisters. I hope it gets better with time!

Latest Instagrams

© Good Red Herring. Design by FCD.