Movie Theater Trauma

Monday, July 5, 2010

In celebration of the long weekend a few friends and I went out the movies yesterday to see 'The Last Airbender'. Unfortunately I gotta give the movie a thumbs down, I think I'll do a post about it later, but I wanted to write here about what happened BEFORE the movie.

So there we are, myself and 3 friends, waiting for the movie to start. As most girls do we decided that a bathroom stop before the movie would be a good idea and lucky for us there was restroom ride across from our theater. What we didn't think too much about (because who does?) is that we took up every stall in that particular restroom.

And then I heard it.

A pitter patter of feet, then the sound of a little girl testing all the doors of the stalls.

But then it gets worse. She starts to cry.

"I have to go the bathroom! It's all full! I need to go the bathroom!"

My heart just DROPS. Here I am mid urination and this girl is having a panic attack outside the stalls. I feel so bad and in my head I'm going "Ok I'm coming, I'm coming, I'll pee fast I promise! I'm going as fast as I can! I just have this dress and the Spanx and then a tanktop - but I swear I'm coming". Not that anyone hears this but me because it's my own internal monogogue.

Ok so I rush like mad and get out and she's standing RIGHT THERE and runs in before I can even see her. Her mom finally comes in afterward and says "Did you make it?" And then the worst from the girl - "No."

NO. This girl had peed herself, the floor, everything. It was major peeing episode. And I felt HORRIBLE then and I feel horrible now, because even though it had little to do with me (her mom should have been on top of that ish), I feel like somehow I should have magically been able to pee faster so this girl could have gotten a stall and not peed herself.

I'M SO SO SORRY random little girl in Silver Spring. I hope you're not too traumatized at peeing yourself. Believe me, I am quite traumatized enough for the both of us.

Latest Instagrams

© Good Red Herring. Design by FCD.